You can test your Genius device's connection with our servers. This test tells you if the Genius device is able to run transactions and receive downloads or updates.
- When the Genius splash screen is displayed, press 0 on the keypad three times.
- Genius splash screen
- Using the keypad type the password, then press Enter.
- Note: The default password is 9416557.
- Tap Network.
- Tap Test. Your Genius device tests its connection with our servers. You can exit at any time by pressing Cancel (red button).
- Genius connection test screen
• Transport ping and Genius ping are transaction servers. For transactions to function properly, both of these tests must pass.
• The Genius device sends an RDMS ping to a download server. If the RDMS ping fails, your device may be able to run transactions, but it will be unable to receive updates or downloads.
• If any of these tests fail, ensure the ports are open to allow the Genius device to correctly communicate with our servers.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback