You can view details for each order by selecting its Order Number. Details include:
- Reference number
- Order Date
- Created by
- Payment Status
- Transaction information
Orders with more than one payment method
Depending on your account settings, customers can pay for orders using one or more payment method. When a customer uses more than one payment, the Payment Cartridge displays each transaction separately.
In the following example, the customer uses a credit card and a gift card to pay for an order with a total value of $218.38. The Payment Cartridge shows the order as PARTPAID, this is because the Payments Portal runs an instant sale on the customer’s gift card, and a pre-authorization on their credit card. When the merchant ships the goods, they can capture the customer’s credit card payment, completing the credit card transaction.
Viewing a transaction's details
You can view transaction information for each order, including:
- Approval status: Whether the transaction was approved or declined.
- Token: Transaction token that can be used to void, refund, or capture funds without having the customer’s card number.
- Authorization code: Reference code that can be assigned by the processor if the transaction is approved.
- Transaction date: Date the transaction occurred.
- Amount: Dollar value of the transaction.
- Card number: Credit card number or debit card number on the front of the customer's card or the gift card number.
- Card holder: The customer’s name on their credit, debit, or gift card.
- Card type: Type of card the customer used to pay for the transaction, for example, MasterCard, Visa, or gift.
- On the Orders page, select the Order Number of the order you want to view.
- Click More Info, to view the Transaction information.
- Transaction info window
- Click to return to the order.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback