After you enable the extension, you configure payment settings to accept credit and debit cards in your Magento store.
When you configure the credit and debit card settings, you can edit the following:
- Title1 – This is the title of the payment method that your Magento store displays to the customer, for example, “Pay by credit card” or “Credit/Debit payment”. You can change the title to best suit your business.
- Enable Vault2 – When you enable the vault integration, your customers can save their payment method to use for future purchases. When a customer saves their card for later use, the integration does the following:
- Magento saves a token in its vault that it can use as a reference to the customer’s payment information.
- We store the customer’s payment information in a PCI compliant environment.
- When the customer pays for a transaction using their saved payment information, Magento sends their token to Cayan’s Payments Platform to process the payment. When you enable the vault integration, your Magento store shows the Save card for later use check box.
- Vault Title – This is the title of the customer’s stored payment method. Your Magento store displays this to the customer with the payment type, and the masked card number.
- Payment Action – Defines the action Magento takes when a customer completes their order. You can select either Authorize, or Authorize and Capture:
- If you select Authorize, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction, and completes the customer's order. To complete the transaction, you must use Magento Admin to manually capture the funds. When you can capture the funds depends on the types of goods or services the customer purchases as part of their order:
- If the customer purchases physical goods, you can capture the funds only when you ship the goods to the customer.
- If the customer purchases virtual goods or services, you can capture the funds immediately after Magento authorizes the transaction.
- If you select Authorize and Capture, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and then captures the funds automatically, completing the sale.
- Payment from Applicable Countries – Defines which countries you want to accept payments from. You can select:
- Specific Countries to pick which countries you want to accept payments from.
- All Allowed Countries to accept payments from all countries.
- Payment from Specific Countries – Magento Admin displays this field when you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu. You can use this list to select which countries you want to make accept payments from.
- Debug – This function is for testing purposes only, and you should enable it only when asked to do so by our Support personnel.
How to configure credit and debit card settings
Step 1. Log on to Magento Admin.
Step 2. From the side menu, select STORES.
Step 3. From the Stores menu, select Configuration.
Step 4. From the Configuration page, navigate to the Payment Settings:
a. Select SALES to expand the SALES submenu.
b. Select Payment Methods.
c. Scroll to the Payment Settings section.
Step 5. Configure your credit and debit card settings:
a. Type the Title of your payment method.
b. From the Enable Vault drop-down menu, select either Yes or No.
c. Type the Vault Title. This applies only if you select Yes from the Enable Vault drop-down menu.
d. From the Payment Action drop-down menu, select Authorize or Authorize and Capture.
e. From the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu, select All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries.
f. From the Payment from Specific Countries field, press and hold [CTRL], then select the countries you want to accept payments from. This applies only if you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu.
Step 6. Scroll to the Developer Settings.
a. From the Debug drop-down menu, select No.
Step 7. Click Save Config.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback