In addition to the best practices described in How can I avoid chargebacks?, e-Commerce merchants should follow these additional best practices.
- Clearly indicate the expected delivery date on the transaction receipt or invoice.
- Contact the cardholder in writing if the merchandise or service cannot be provided or is delayed.
- Provide a valid customer service number and/or transmit a URL address with the transaction.
- Provide merchandise or services as described to the cardholder.
- In the event the cardholder receives defective merchandise, or they do not receive the merchandise as described; resolve the issue at first contact.
- Ensure merchandise and services match the verbal description for non-face-to-face transactions at the time of purchase.
- Obtain positive AVS and ship merchandise to the confirmed address only; the bill-to and ship-to address should match.
- Participate in the ”Verified by Visa Program” for e-Commerce transactions.
- Charge the cardholder until the merchandise is shipped.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.