What is the Payments Portal?
The Payments Portal is a transaction gateway and virtual terminal, which includes the following features:
- Credit and debit card processing
- Gift card processing, activation, adding value, and balance inquiry
- Online account management
- Recurring billing
- Historic search for transactions and batches
- Batch processing
- Multiple user accounts and permissions
Registering to use the Payments Portal
You must ask your sales adviser to create a Payments Portal account. An email inviting you to Activate your TSYS Online Virtual Terminal is sent to your email address.
When you create user credentials for your employees, the Payments Portal automatically sends an email to their email address inviting them to activate their user accounts.
Activating your Payments Portal user account
- Open the TSYS Account Activation email.
- Note: TSYS Account Activation emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Activate your TSYS Online Virtual Terminal link.
- In the New Password field, enter your chosen password.
- Note: Your password must contain between 8 and 20 characters, including at least one number, a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters, and it must not match your user name. You are prompted to change your password every 90 days, you cannot use a password more than once.
- In the Confirm Password field, re-enter your chosen password.
- Click Activate Account.
- To sign into the Payments Portal, click the Proceed to the Sign-In Page link.
Types of Payments Portal security role
You can assign one of four different security roles to Payments Portal user accounts. These roles determine what actions and features are available to the user. The following roles are available:
- Administrative User: Can perform all functions as well as create and manage other users. The administrative user is typically used by the business owner/manager.
- Power User: Can perform card sales, pre-authorizations, voids, refunds, and they also view reports. The power user is typically used by sales supervisors.
- Terminal User: Can perform card sales, pre-authorizations, and view reports. The terminal user is typically used by sales assistants.
- Reporting User: Can view transaction history reports but cannot perform any transactions.
You can also download our help guides that explain how to use the Payments Portal.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback