Use Ticket Only to complete an Authorization Only (Auth Only) transaction, or an authorization that you completed over the phone.
For example, hotels may perform an Auth Only approval for a greater amount than the cost of a room. This amount is reserved on the card, but not charged. This means that the customer can add additional service costs to their bill that they can settle when they check out. On the VX520 you settle an Auth Only transaction by running a Ticket Only transaction.
To process a Ticket Only transaction:
- From the SoftPay home screen, press the leftmost purple key once to access the second menu screen.
- Press F1 (Ticket Only).
- Use the keypad to type the amount to authorize, then press Enter.
- To confirm the authorization amount, press F1 (Yes).
- Swipe, dip, or tap the payment card on the terminal, or use the keypad to type the card number then press Enter.
- Select the card type for the authorization:
- F1 (credit)
- Use the keypad to type the expiration date.
- Press Enter.
- F3 (EBT)
- F1 (credit)
- Use the keypad to type the Order Number for the sale. If there is no Order Number for the sale, type any number then press Enter.
- Use the keypad to type the Auth Only or telephone approval code for the transaction.
- To print a customer copy of the receipt, press F1 (Yes).
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback