Taking good care of the lithium-ion battery in your Genius Handheld™ device can prolong its life, and prevents hazardous battery failures. To make sure that your battery remains in good working condition, follow the instructions in this article.
Storing the battery outside the Genius Handheld device
If you store your battery outside the Genius Handheld device for any period:
- Cover the metal battery terminals with non-conductive electrical tape.
- Store the battery in a cool, dry place, away from any flammable items, for example by itself on sand or on concrete.
- Do not place in a sealed container.
Checking the battery before use
Before you use the battery in your Genius Handheld Device:
- Check the battery for damage, including signs of crushing, deformation, and broken casing.
- Check that the surface of the battery is clean.
- If the battery terminals are dirty, rub them with a clean, dry cloth.
Important: If your battery shows any signs of damage, do not use it. Store it safely according to the instructions in this document, and call our Genius Support Team.
Using the battery in the Genius Handheld device
- Use only the supplied charger to charge your Genius Handheld device.
- Charge the device at least once every three months.
- Do not leave the device near any heat source or direct sunlight.
- Use and store the Genius Handheld device only in locations within the following limits:
- Operating temperature: 0°C – 45°C (32°F – 113°F)
- Storage temperature: -10°C – 55°C (14°F – 131°F)
- Humidity: Maximum 95%
- Do not place any metal objects near the battery’s metal terminals. This may short-circuit the battery and damage it.
- If the battery gives off a bad smell, generates heat, or is discolored or deformed, immediately stop using it. Remove the battery and store it safely according to the instructions in this document, and call our Genius Support Team.
- Do not drop, break, bend, puncture, damage the battery in any way.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.