Using our Payment extension, your customers can use gift cards to pay for the goods and services they buy from your Magento store.
When you configure the gift card settings, you can apply the following:
- Title – This is the title of your gift card section, which your Magento store displays to the customer in the shopping cart. You can change the title to suit your business.Example title - Gift Card Code
- Max Length – This is the maximum number of characters that your customers can type in the gift card section in the shopping cart.
- Cache lifetime – This is the interval at which Magento sends balance inquiries to our Payment Platform. When a customer enters a gift card number and clicks Add Gift Card, Magento does the following:
- Checks with our Payment Platform if the gift card has sufficient funds to pay for part of, or all of the transaction.
- Stores the response in its cache.
- When the cache lifetime resets, Magento checks again with our Payment Platform if the gift card has sufficient funds to pay for part of, or all of the transaction.
- When the customer completes their order, Magento checks again with our Payment Platform before capturing the funds, this is part of Magento’s fraud protection.
- PIN – Enable this option to accept gift cards with a PIN. When using a gift card without a PIN, customers leave the PIN (if available) field empty.Example of Gift Card entry with PIN enabled
How to configure gift card settings
- Log on to Magento Admin.
- From the side menu, select STORES.
- Magento Admin dashboard
- From the Stores menu, select Configuration.
- Stores menu
- From the Configuration page, navigate to Cayan (Gift Card) settings:
- Select SALES to expand the SALES submenu.
- Configuration menu
- Select Cayan Gift Card.
- SALES menu
- Configure your gift card settings:
- From the Enable drop-down menu, select Yes.
- Type the Title to display in the gift card section of the checkout.
- Type the Max Length of the gift card numbers you want to accept in your Magento store.
- Type the Cache Lifetime. Magento Admin measures the cache lifetime in seconds, for example, if you want a cache lifetime of 15 minutes, type 900.
- (Optional) From the PIN drop-down menu, select Yes to accept gift cards with PINs.
- Cayan (Gift Card) settings
- Click Save Config.
- Note: Magento Admin completes the API URL by default. Do not edit or delete the API URL.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback